A pottery from the town of Quimper France. Beginning in the 1600's a tin enamel glazed pottery was made in this area. Little of the early pottery was marked. By the late 1700's three factories were operating there. The Grand Maison de HB marked their work HB (Hubaudiere and Bousquet). The Eloury Pottery under the direction of Charles Porquier marked their works P. When Adolph Porquier replaced Charles in 1850 the mark was changed to AP. PB was used from 1870 to 1900. In 1886 Jule Henriot began work. His mark was HR. In 1926 his mark was changed to Henriot Quimper.
In 1983 the factories were sold to an American couple who continue to operate it.
For more information see - Ann Marie O'Neill. Quimper Pottery with Price Guide. Atglen, PA:1994. Available through the-forum Reference Book Service
© 1995 International Arts, Antiques and Collectibles Forum
USE BACK ARROW TO RETURN TO PREVIOUS PAGE